Friendlier to your baby’s skin and to nature
5 Advantages of organic clothing
- Reduces health risks for your baby: no harmful chemicals used
- Hypoallergenic: baby clothes made from organic cotton do not cause any allergies or skin irritations
- Perfect for sensitive baby skin: grown without any pesticides
- Regulates baby’s temperature: a natural and breathable fibre
- Healthier environment: organic farming drastically reduces damage to our planet
Organic cotton is the best choice for your baby!
Why not to use conventional cotton garment for your baby
Conventionally grown cotton uses more toxic chemicals than any other crop in the world. These chemicals cause great health risks. Babies and young children are the most vulnerable to them.
Our environment is affected because these chemicals seep into run-off water, poisoning lakes, rivers and waterways. Our food supply is jeopardized, too. Pesticide residue has been found in foods, in farm animals and even in breast milk.
According to the World Health Organization, 20,000 individuals die of cancer and miscarriages each year in developing countries as a result of the chemicals sprayed on conventional cotton. Farm workers around the world are suffering from serious health problems related to over-exposure to hazardous pesticides, including asthma, neurological damage and cancer.
4 Reasons why organic cotton is better for our environment
- Organic cotton is grown using natural processes; it doesn’t allow the use of toxic chemicals or GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
- It uses only 9% of the water necessary for conventional cotton-growing.
- It uses only 25% of the energy required for conventional cotton-growing.
- It creates only 50% of the emissions of conventionally grown cotton.
Raising cotton organically is healthier for the soil, the water, and the people who farm it, process it, and use it. Like you and your baby.
Make a difference
When you buy products made of organic cotton you are investing in water conservation, cleaner air, better soil and healthier farmer lives. With every purchase of an organic cotton garment, you are helping to produce less chemically-contaminated conventional cotton and more naturally grown organic cotton.
Watch Ieva speaking more about this important topic.